In 1959, the department of Building Inspection was established in the County Engineer’s Office. In the Fall of 1960, the department of Building Inspection was moved under the Board of Commissioners, per ORC 307.07. On April 2, 1964, ORC 3781.10 (E) certified that the Building Department could accept/approve plans and specifications and enforce the code.
The Greene County Department of Building Regulation provides residential and commercial permit / inspection services for all use groups in Greene County including all cities and villages, except Fairborn City, Bowersville Village, Clifton Village, Cedarville Village, Yellow Springs Village and federal and state-owned properties or buildings.
Directors/Chief Building Officials: Albert Klose (1977), Bruce Rickenbach (1981), Don Shaffer, and Al Kuzma.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Building permits issued between 1979-1988.
This record is open per the Ohio Revised Code and is only accessible at the Archives.